Friday, February 11, 2011

Seriously.

So I guess this is what happens when you are overeducated and try to look for a job in the meantime to earn a living. What am I talking about? Well, I applied to a bank for a customer service representative job (entry-level) and I was declined. I did not even get an interview. Why? I have several years experience part time doing random customer service type jobs: at a call centre, at a restaurant, and at university.

So the big question is: Why pursue higher education when it will actually hinder your chance of getting a job?

Well that may not be exactly true. I also was declined by a big investment bank for another entry level position. My grades are pretty awesome as well. 3.85 GPA in my Masters program. So why did they not even interview me then? Because I did not come from an Ivy league school.

So in the end, I'm realizing that more education is not better. Unless your education leads you to a professional designation like a Chartered Accountant (CA) or something to that extent it is pretty much useless.

In closing, I wasted 6 years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment